Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- Uganda stands out in refugees hospitality
- New education programme launched for 100,000 refugee and Ugandan children
- GIEWS Country Brief: Uganda 07-November-2018
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
Bloody punitive action following theft of cattle
Göttingen, 14. April 2010
Following the shooting of 41 shepherds in a punitive action of the army in Uganda the Society for Threatened Peoples STP (Gesellschaft für bedrohte Völker GfbV) demanded an independent investigation of the massacre by the United Nations. The victims belong to the Jie group, a tribe of the Karamojong.
Attempts at peace threatened with failure: 80,000 child soldiers in Uganda and Somalia are waiting for help from Europe
Göttingen, February 09, 2007 - The Society for Threatened Peoples (GfbV) warned on Friday of a failure of the peace talks in Uganda and Somalia in the light of the fact that more than 80,000 child soldiers are directly affected in both countries if hostilities are resumed.