Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Facilities Map - Rhino Camp Settlement - Zone 5 - Arua District - Uganda, 22 October 2018
- Facilities Map - Olua I Settlement - Adjumani District - Uganda, 21 September 2018
- Facilities Map - Maaji II Settlement - Adjumani District - Uganda, 21 September 2018
- Facilities Map - Boroli Settlement - Adjumani District - Uganda, 21 September 2018
- Facilities Map - Maaji I Settlement - Adjumani District - Uganda, 21 September 2018
Somalia and Shabaab
The stalemate in Somalia provides an environment in which Islamic radicalism thrives, but Shabaab's decision to export terror to Uganda may end up backfiring as the Somali diaspora comes under scrutiny and increasing pressure from abroad.
By Ken Menkhaus
Somalia's capital Mogadishu has been ravaged by a protracted battle between the Somali jihadist group Shabaab and a counterterrorism alliance backing the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) for years.
The most commonly agreed upon definition of a child soldier is based on the "Cape Town Principles" from 1997 and describes a child soldier as "any person under 18 years of age who is part of any kind of regular or irregular armed force or armed group in any capacity, including but not limited to cooks, porters, messengers and anyone accompanying such groups, other than family members.
By Simon Roughneen for ISN in Nairobi and Turkana, Kenya (21/3/06)
The failure of the long rains in late 2005 has left at least 11 million east Africans vulnerable to a severe drought and debilitating food shortages. As animals die due to lack of water and pasture, the people who depend on their livestock for milk, meat, and income are growing hungrier by the day.