- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
Bern, 20.05.2014 - Switzerland has allocated an additional CHF 4.5 million for the victims of the crisis in South Sudan. This was announced on Tuesday at a conference of donor countries held in Oslo. Switzerland’s overall financial commitment to humanitarian aid for this country in the Horn of Africa will amount to CHF 18 million in 2014.
SDC Humanitarian Aid (SDC-HA) in South Sudan
With the signature of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) in January 2005, the long lasting civil war between Sudan and South Sudan was brought to an end. The CPA period finally concluded on 9 July 2011 with the independence of South Sudan.
About this document
The aim of this document is to provide workshop participants with basic insights into the selected case studies. It has been prepared by the WFP Office for Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction with WFP and partner staff in country offices.
Overview of the selected case studies
Quand l'Afrique nourrira le monde
(gn) Il y a longtemps que le riz n'est plus exclusivement l'aliment de base du continent asiatique: l'Afrique, qui est en passe de devenir le premier acheteur de riz du monde, en importe actuellement quelque 10 millions de tonnes par an.
Provinces in the north of Uganda are living in terror and completely dependent on international aid, notably from the SDC. With a view to implementing the peace accords in southern Sudan, a glimmer of hope has been kindled in the bid to resolve conflict which the government in Kampala has been waging for 20 years against the militia of Joseph Kony, sinister leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA).
Sri Lanka, Chernobyl, the Great Lakes in Africa - just three among many, these areas are still embroiled in conflicts claiming innumerable victims. Advocacy in their favour is a priority for the SDC.