Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Uganda prepares to vaccinate against Ebola in case the virus strikes the country
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Temperature Check: Border Screening of Travelers Key to Stopping Ebola from Spreading
- Low-Cost Improvements Through Agricultural Extension Lift Food Security in Uganda
- Uganda: UNHCR Refugees Situation (September 2018)
- Key points
- According to the United Nation’s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA)’s Financial Tracking Service (FTS), donors have not yet committed/contributed any funding in 2016 for the South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRP). Outside of the appeal, the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Department (ECHO), Denmark and Sweden have committed/contributed US$5.8 million to Uganda.
Crises in the Middle East (Syria and Iraq), disasters caused by natural hazards in Asia, and Ebola in West Africa have recently dominated the international headlines. This paper looks at the numbers behind what has happened with often less reported humanitarian needs and funding in East and Central Africa.
This paper seeks to provide a general background on resources for poverty eradication in Uganda. It specifically documents and analyses the Government of Uganda’s public expenditure in, and donor contributions to, the education, health and agriculture sectors between 1998 and 2010. The paper further analyses aid flows to the country in terms of total volumes, top donors and sectoral allocation. There is increasing demand for resource flow information and open development systems that promote transparency and accountability in governance and development.