- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
1. On March 26, Japan International Cooperation Agency (President: Sadako Ogata) signed two ODA loan agreements to provide up to 8.81 billion yen with the Government of the Republic of Uganda in Kamapala.
2. The Republic of Uganda, with GNI per capita of approximately US$420 (FY2008), is classified as one of the least developed countries (LDC). Since the 1990s, however, it has maintained a real GDP growth rate of more than 5% per year on the average, which indicates stable macroeconomic management.
With renewed flooding predicted, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is sending emergency assistance to both West and East Africa.
The agency earlier announced it was dispatching blankets, plastic sheeting, tents, water tanks, water softeners and purifiers and electric dynamos from its Frankfurt warehouse to the West African state of Ghana.