Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Press statement on rumoured Ebola outbreak in Mubende district
- Child Poverty and Deprivation in Refugee-Hosting Areas: Evidence from Uganda
- Uganda / Africa: Refugee Influx from DRC - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n°. MDRUG040
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - May 2018
- Uganda Red Cross responds to Cholera Outbreak in Kampala, Uganda
1. On March 26, Japan International Cooperation Agency (President: Sadako Ogata) signed two ODA loan agreements to provide up to 8.81 billion yen with the Government of the Republic of Uganda in Kamapala.
2. The Republic of Uganda, with GNI per capita of approximately US$420 (FY2008), is classified as one of the least developed countries (LDC). Since the 1990s, however, it has maintained a real GDP growth rate of more than 5% per year on the average, which indicates stable macroeconomic management.
With renewed flooding predicted, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is sending emergency assistance to both West and East Africa.
The agency earlier announced it was dispatching blankets, plastic sheeting, tents, water tanks, water softeners and purifiers and electric dynamos from its Frankfurt warehouse to the West African state of Ghana.