Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Press statement on rumoured Ebola outbreak in Mubende district
- Child Poverty and Deprivation in Refugee-Hosting Areas: Evidence from Uganda
- Uganda / Africa: Refugee Influx from DRC - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n°. MDRUG040
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - May 2018
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
The goal of Developing Economic Strengthening Interventions for Group Production (DESIGN) is to design a better cooperative development model in Uganda by working with rural smallholders to understand their motivations and expectations for joining cooperatives. The program assesses individual’s “willingness to cooperate” used as a proxy for “trust,” to understand the drivers of cooperation and to assess how trust forms and/or changes overtime within a cooperative.
World Food Day is recognized every October 16th to bring awareness to global hunger. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations estimates that worldwide more than 800 million people are suffering from chronic hunger and under-nourishment. This year’s theme “Family Farming: Feeding the World, Caring for the Earth” brings attention to the important role that small farmers play in the larger context of national food security. According to the FAO, more than 98% of the farms in the world are family farms.
This report has the distinction of being the first ever Global Communities Annual Report and also the 60th anniversary report of the organization that began in 1952 as the Foundation for Cooperative Housing. It therefore explores both our new direction and our heritage, with the focus being the 60 years of partnership that has been and remains at the core of our work.