Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- WHO and Ministry of Health Train health workers on Compassionate use of the Ebola vaccine
- Ministry of Health Trains Psychosocial Teams as it Prepares for a Possible Ebola Outbreak
- DRC Refugee Influx to Uganda as of 31 October 2018
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
- Uganda: Refugees and Asylum-Seekers in Country (as of 31 October 2018)
SIPRI Background Paper
Pieter D. Wezeman
A United Nations arms embargo restricts arms flows to Somalia. However, supplies to the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) are allowed and the UN has urged the international community to supply arms to the TFG and the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
Somali non-state actors continue to obtain weapons from external sources. Eritrea, in particular, is accused of having supported Somali opposition groups since at least 2005.
SIPRI Insights on Peace and Security no. 2009/1
The 1998 Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC) promised to prosecute those most responsible for the 'unimaginable atrocities that deeply shock the conscience of humanity'. The promise includes the unprecedented explicit criminalization of rape and other forms of sexual violence in international humanitarian law.
(Stockholm, 12 May 2009) - Air cargo companies involved in illicit or destabilizing arms transfers to African conflict zones have also been repeatedly contracted to deliver humanitarian aid and support peacekeeping operations, according to a report released today by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
The report reveals that 90 per cent of the air cargo companies identified in arms trafficking-related reports have also been used by major UN agencies, EU and NATO member states, …