Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
ADJUMANI - Thousands of South Sudanese refugees face a daily struggle in Ugandan refugee settlements whilst dreaming of returning home.
The war that started last December killed thousands and forced over one million to leave their homes, according to the United Nations. Since the fighting started, just under 100,000 refugees have fled to northern Uganda, which borders South Sudan.
The Nyumanzi refugee settlement in Adjumani District is the region’s second largest with at least 22,000 refugees, but the crowded tent hospital is struggling to cope with the demand.