Appeals & Response Plans
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
How do women who were abducted as children, raped and forced to kill, reintegrate into their communities?
Life was supposed to get easier for Grace Achara after she escaped the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) - but the war is only half her story.
Abducted as a child, she spent more than half of her life in the Ugandan bush with the LRA. During that time, she was raped and forced to kill. But since returning home last year, the former child soldier must now battle poverty and stigmatisation.
Waterborne diseases are rampant in E. African country riven by corruption, but local approaches may offer one solution
August 28, 2014 5:00AM ET
by Sam Loewenberg
In Eastern Uganda, a charity has introduced motorbike ambulances to reach patients in remote areas.