Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- DRC Refugee Influx to Uganda as of 31 October 2018
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
- Uganda Finalizes Plans to Vaccinate Front-line Health Workers against Ebola
- Uganda: Refugees and Asylum-Seekers in Country (as of 31 October 2018)
- Uganda Refugee Response Monitoring Settlement Fact Sheet: Kyaka II | July 2018
by Sean Farell
In 2012, at the age of nine, Daniel Okweng featured on the Trócaire Box as part of that year’s Lenten appeal. He is still bemused by the idea that a million households saw his smiling face every day for two months.
I visited Daniel and his family at their home last week, it had been six years since we last met. Daniel had then been a shy nine year old with a big smile. Now Daniel is a tall 15-year-old teenage.