Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
- Uganda Finalizes Plans to Vaccinate Front-line Health Workers against Ebola
- WHO and Ministry of Health Train health workers on Compassionate use of the Ebola vaccine
- East Africa host countries at a crossroads: Are refugees welcome or not?
- DRC Refugee Influx to Uganda as of 31 October 2018
Update of Seasonal Outlooks at Four-Months Lead: April – June 2006
Northern Horn of Africa
Climatology is expected across most of the region, except locally over northwestern and southwestern Sudan, where there is a slight tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall. There is a slight tilt in the odds favoring above normal rainfall locally over eastern Ethiopia, northern Somalia, and portions of Djibouti. Climatology is expected elsewhere.
Gulf of Guinea
The President's Initiative
On June 30, 2005, President Bush challenged the world to reduce the burden of malaria dramatically as a major killer of children in sub-Saharan Africa, and pledged to increase funding of malaria prevention and treatment by more than $1.2 billion over five years.