- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Regional overview - The 2004 Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) for some of GHA countries released. The start of the short-rains season is late in parts of East African countries
LRA activities intensify in Lira
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in
partnership with OXFAM
Training on the UN Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement
Gulu & Kitgum Districts, Uganda
par Nana Rosine Ngangoué
This report includes:
KAMPALA, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Rebels of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) killed a Ugandan and injured an Italian priest on Friday when they attacked a Catholic mission pickup truck in northern Uganda, the army said.
A Memorandum to the DRC transitional government of national unity, armed groups and foreign governments involved in the DRC conflict, and the international community
INTRODUCTION AND SUMMARY
KAMPALA, Nov 27, 2003 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) has provided Uganda with an additional 1 million US dollars emergency funding to help the internally displaced people in conflict areas in the northern and eastern parts of the country.
Kampala (dpa) - Ugandan government forces have rescued 61 children from Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) guerrillas during a series of battles over the past 3 days in the north of the country, an army spokesman from the region said Thursday.
Uganda is regarded as an HIV/AIDS success story. The government has led from the front and the benefits of a national government committed to addressing the HIV/AIDS epidemic through all available channels are evident.
This report includes:
With violence escalating and more than a million people internally displaced in Uganda, MCC is preparing a major aid package in two of the most affected areas. MCC is also launching a campaign to supply rebels who want to leave the conflict with seeds, tools, food and trauma and reconciliation services. MCC seeks to raise $79,200 CDN / $60,000 USD to fund this effort.
(New York: 21 November 2003): Following the recent visit of Emergency Relief Coordinator Jan Egeland to Northern Uganda, United Nations agencies have committed to expanding the UN's presence and activities in northern and eastern Uganda. This consensus emerged after the Emergency Relief Coordinator discussed the situation in northern and eastern Uganda with senior colleagues from UN departments, agencies, funds and programmes, as well as donors. Steps are already underway to send additional humanitarian aid workers to the north to meet the increasing emergency needs there.
ANALYSIS By William Maclean
KAMPALA, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Uganda's conflict of troops against child warriors looks no contest at first glance.
The favourite should be the army. It is seasoned in bush warfare and commanded by President Yoweri Museveni, a proven leader who seized power in 1986 at the head of a guerrilla army.
Its foe consists of illiterate children and teenagers. They pad silently by night through tall grass and cassava fields to abduct new recruits and use clubs and knives to kill civilians.
4865th Meeting (AM)
After it heard from Secretary-General Kofi Annan, along with other principal actors, on preparations for an international conference on the Great Lakes region of Africa, the Security Council today appealed to the countries in the area and the international community to provide political, technical and financial support to that event.
KAMPALA, 20 November (IRIN) - The Ugandan army has claimed some success in its pursuit of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebels who killed at least 12 civilians in Lira district earlier this week.
SG/SM/9020, SC/7928, AFR/765
EL NIÑO/SOUTHERN OSCILLATION (ENSO) DIAGNOSTIC DISCUSSION