- Monthly National Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning Bulletin - Vol. 01 Issue No. 11: 15th September to 15th October 2017
- UNHCR Emergency Update on the South Sudan Refugee Situation - Inter-Agency Weekly | 2nd – 29th August 2017
- FEWS NET Food Security Outlook Update, August 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
With increasing concerns regarding the impact of HIV/AIDS on people's livelihoods, there is growing need to reorientate agriculture, food and nutrition security programs to take account of HIV/AIDS, and to fill critical gaps in our knowledge where these exist.
KINSHASA, 31 March (IRIN) - The UN secretary-general's representative in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Amos Namanga Ngongi, dismissed on Friday claims that Rwandan troops had re-entered the DRC.
Summary of online published paper1
NAIROBI, 31 March (IRIN) - The Ugandan government has denied that the former president of Central African Republic, Andre Kolingba, is in exile in Kampala, according to the Ugandan state-owned New Vision.
Maps produced by USGS, FEWSNET, and EROS Data Center
This report includes:
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (PANA) - The chairman of the African Union (AU) Commission, Amara Essy has called on Rwanda and Uganda to refrain from any action that could jeopardise the ongoing peace and reconciliation process in neighbouring DR Congo.
NAIROBI, 26 mars (IRIN) - L'armée ougandaise a révélé qu'entre 401 et 425 combattants du mouvement de Thomas Lubanga, l'Union des patriotes congolais (UPC), se sont rendus parce qu'ils voulaient participer au processus de paix. L'UPC est ce mouvement rebelle que les Ougandais ont chassé de Bunia, le 6 mars.
NAIROBI, 26 March (IRIN) - Rebels of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) reportedly killed a government peace envoy on Monday, dampening hopes for a peaceful end to the 17-year insurgency in northern Uganda.
NAIROBI, 26 March (IRIN) - The Ugandan army has said that between 401 and 425 fighters of Thomas Lubanga's rebel Union des patriotes congolais (UPC), which it expelled from Bunia on 6 March, have surrendered because they want to participate in the peace process.
NAIROBI, 26 March (IRIN) - An outbreak of cholera has hit Uganda's western border district of Bundibugyo, killing 23 people over the past month, according to a senior health official in the district.
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
NAIROBI, 24 March (IRIN) - The Uganda People's Defence Forces (UPDF) are not interested in prolonging their stay in Ituri District, northeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), since they have achieved their objectives, Kale Kaihura, the military assistant to President Yoweri Museveni, said on Sunday.
The EU welcomes the recent ceasefire declarations by the Lord's Resistance Army and the Ugandan Government.
Kampala, Uganda (PANA) - President Yoweri Museveni has extended a cease-fire for the third time in three weeks against rebels of the Lords Resistance Army (LRA) led by self-proclaimed prophet Joseph Kony.
This report includes:
A) West and Central Asia Region: (1) Iraq, (2) Iran, (3) Afghanistan
B) Eastern and Central Africa Region: (1) Eritrea, (2) Ethiopia, (3) Sudan, (4) Burundi, (5) Uganda
C) Southern Africa Region: (1) Mozambique, (2) Madagascar, (3) Zambia, (4) Zimbabwe, (5) Angola, (6) Namibia, (7) Malawi, (8) Swaziland, (9) Lesotho
D) West Africa Region: (1) Central African Republic, (2) Côte d'Ivoire
E) Asia Region: (1) DPR Korea
F) Latin America and Caribbean Region: (1) Ecuador, (2) Nicaragua, (3) Colombia
KAMPALA, 21 March (IRIN) - President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda will decide on Saturday whether to extend the ceasefire in two locations in Pader district, in the north of the country, to allow for peace talks with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebel group.