- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-31 October 2017
- WFP Uganda Monthly Market Bulletin, September 2017: Issue 42
Appeals & Funding
- WHO: International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
(No. 297 - October 7, 2009 - noon EDT) The Honourable Lawrence Cannon, Minister of Foreign Affairs, today issued the following statement regarding the delivery of new Canadian-supplied, state-of-the-art armoured personnel carriers (APCs) to peacekeepers with the African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (UNAMID):
"Canada is pleased that six more new armoured personnel carriers have arrived in Dakar, Senegal, as part of our important contribution to the police units provided to UNAMID by African countries.
Ottawa, Ontario - The Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, today announced that Canada will contribute $30 million to the World Food Programme to those affected by the drought in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda.
"The drought in these countries has created a critical situation. Canada is responding to the urgent need to assist the World Food Programme to meet the food and nutrition needs in these countries", said Minister Oda.
The Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of Foreign Affairs, during his official visit to Southern Sudan, today welcomed the initialling of the Final Peace Agreement on March 25, 2008, by the Government of Uganda and the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), and the agreement of the parties to sign the Agreement on April 5, 2008.
'As a leading supporter of the talks, Canada welcomes the Agreement, which will bring an end to one of Africa's longest-running conflicts,' said Minister Bernier.
OTTAWA-L'honorable Maxime Bernier, ministre des Affaires étrangères, et l'honorable Beverley J. Oda, ministre de la Coopération internationale, ont annoncé aujourd'hui que le gouvernement du Canada a affecté 3 millions de dollars aux efforts déployés pour venir en aide aux collectivités dévastées par les inondations en Afrique de l'Est et de l'Ouest.
« Au nom de tous les Canadiens, je tiens à exprimer ma sympathie à toutes les personnes dont les vies ont été bouleversées par les inondations, a affirmé le ministre Bernier.
The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, spoke today with the Honourable Sam Kutesa, Foreign Minister of Uganda, to confirm Canada's continued support for the peace process between the Lord's Resistance Army and the Government of Uganda.
The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, today announced that Canada will contribute $1.5 million to support the northern Uganda peace process between the Government of Uganda and the Lord's Resistance Army being held in Juba, South Sudan.
Foreign Affairs Minister Bill Graham and Minister for International Cooperation Susan Whelan announced that Canada will co-chair the Group of Friends of the Great Lakes region of Africa, which held its first meeting today in Geneva, Switzerland.
Notes for remarks by Susan Whelan, Minister
for International Cooperation
At The 53rd Pugwash Conference on Science and World Affairs "Advancing Human Security: The Role of Technology and Politics"
Halifax and Pugwash, Nova Scotia
Secretary of State (Latin America and Africa) David Kilgour will visit Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya from September 13 to 19 to discuss regional peace initiatives in the African Great Lakes region and to express Canada's views on political reform in Kenya.