Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
By Wilson Manishimwe
Added 14th March 2018 05:05 PM
According to Dr Godfrey Asea, the director National Crops Resources Research Institute,only a resilient variety could withstand the ‘cocktail’ of constraints such as the armyworm.
WAKISO - Farming experts have urged maize farmers countrywide to adopt drought-tolerant maize to boost food security.
The traps are to help farmers get prepared before the first planting season sets in
KAMPALA - The Government’s plan of commercialising agriculture could be hampered by the increasing incident of pests and diseases.
Under the plan, the Government identified 12 key priority food items for both food security and income-generation through export.
Maize, which is both a food security crop and an economic crop, is being threatened by various pests and diseases.