Appeals & Response Plans
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Walter Kälin, Representative of the UN Secretary General on the Human Rights of Internally Displaced Persons and Co-director , Brookings-Bern Project on Internal Displacement
Addressing Internal Displacement in Peace Processes and Agreements Launch Event
Mr. Chairman, Ladies and Gentlemen,
A police officer guards a gate where ethnic Tamils will vote at a polling station in Manik Farm camp for the internally displaced in Vavuniya.
Let me start with two short quotes:
"The exclusion of IDPs from peace processes is both unjust and unwise. ...
Prosecutor Luis Moreno Ocampo's July 2008 request to the International Criminal Court (ICC) to issue an arrest warrant for President al Bashir of Sudan on charges of crimes against humanity, war crimes and genocide sparked a firestorm of praise, criticism, anxiety, and relief in equal measure among peacekeepers, aid workers, diplomats, and human rights activists. Opponents of the Prosecutor's move argued that it amounted to a call for regime-change and would imperil any future peace negotiations and the still-incomplete deployment of peacekeepers.
CONCLUDING STATEMENT OF KHALID KOSER DEPUTY DIRECTOR, BROOKINGS-BERN PROJECT