Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
By Denis McClean
KUALA LUMPUR, 12 February, 2018 - Quito listo means Quito is ready. The host city of Habitat III where the New Urban Agenda was adopted, has to be ready for a broad range of natural hazards, according to Mayor Mauricio Rodas, speaking today at the World Urban Forum.
Last winter the Ecuadorian capital experienced the worst floods in 30 years and this winter he fears they could be even worse.
UGANDA/ SUDAN: OUTBREAKS OF MENINGITIS KILL
On 9 February JRS staff in Sudan reported that a recent outbreak of meningitis in Rhino camp in northern Uganda spread north to the southern Sudan town of Nimule.
This latest outbreak in Nimule left five people dead and 60 others seriously ill. All of the infected persons are between 8 and 20 years of age.
The Sudanese ministry of health has sent vaccines but only for medical staff.