Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- DRC Refugee Influx to Uganda as of 31 October 2018
- Uganda: Refugees and Asylum-Seekers in Country (as of 31 October 2018)
- WHO and Ministry of Health Train health workers on Compassionate use of the Ebola vaccine
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
- Uganda Refugee Response Monitoring Settlement Fact Sheet: Rwamwanja | June 2018
Rome, 15 January 2009 - Italy's Directorate of Development Cooperation is to donate €10 million through FAO to finance agricultural and rural development programmes and improve food security in 2009.
The new donation, raising Italy's voluntary, extra-budgetary contributions to a total of some €60 million, confirms the country as one of FAO's leading donors.
"We warmly thank the Italian Government for this new contribution at a time when the ongoing economic and financial crisis risks reducing the level of development assistance," said Assistant Director-General …
From the Editor
Issue 34 of Field Exchange has a special focus on infant and young child feeding in emergencies (IFE) and is dedicated to the memory of Tom Marchione.
Leading the IFE 'show' is an extended field article from the UNICEF team in Indonesia, sharing their IFE experiences in the aftermath of the earthquake in 2006. On reading the piece you may well get that 'deja-vu' feeling - mass arrival and untargeted distribution of infant formula, milk powder, and commercial baby foods to mothers and children. Monitoring was almost non-existent.