- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- WHO deploys mobile laboratory to support Marburg outbreak response
- Uganda declares end of Marburg Virus Disease outbreak
ENLÈVEMENT DE VILLAGEOIS PAR DES HOMMES ARMÉS PRÉSUMÉS DE LA LRA
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
SUSPECTED LRA GUNMEN ABDUCT VILLAGERS
Efforts to transform agriculture in Africa have received a boost as researchers met under the Support for Agricultural Research and Development of Strategic Crops (SARD-SC)’s event, “Partners, Possibilities and Prospects,” on 15 July 2013 at the 6th African Agricultural Science Week in Accra to draw more support from partners into project.
The SARD-SC project will raise the productivity of maize, cassava, wheat, and rice by 20% in twenty selected countries in Africa.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved a US$ 63.24 million fund package for the implementation of a 5-year project dubbed “Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa” (SARD-SC).
The SARD-SC is a research, science, and technology development initiative aimed at enhancing the productivity and income derived from cassava, maize, rice, and wheat – four of the six commodities that African Heads of States, through the Comprehensive African Agricultural Development Program, have defined as strategic crops for Africa.
Assembly of States Parties
New York, 12-21 December 2011
The present report provides an overview of the activities of the International Criminal Court (the “Court”) during the period 11 October 2010 to 3 October 2011.
To see this news alert with links to sources, click here
Côte d’Ivoire: IDPs face eviction from camps
Submitted by Meril Cullinan on June 20, 2011
Today is World Refugee Day – a day to honor the nearly 50 million displaced people around the world. We’re proud to support the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) – which works to provide refugee families with food, water, and shelter. And we’re proud of our supporters, who have helped us send more than 1 million nets over the last few years to protect refugees in Africa from malaria.
Sixty-fifth General Assembly
1 February 2011 - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today welcomed the cooperation between the African Union (AU) and the United Nations, particularly on peace and security issues in Sudan, Somalia and Côte d'Ivoire.
At a meeting with Jean Ping, the chairperson of the AU Commission in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, Mr.
- 37 Outbreak news – Yellow fever, Côte d’Ivoire – Yellow fever, Uganda
- 38 Meeting of the Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety, December 2010
- 43 WHO Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) on immunization: Request for nominations
Ruhakana Rugunda, Permanent Representative of Uganda to the United Nations, called today for a greater focus by the Security Council on preventive diplomacy and peacebuilding as he surveyed a range of situations in Africa.
Speaking at a Headquarters press conference on his country's two-year tenure on the Council, Mr.
- Executive Summary
The Africa Conflict Prevention Programme has gone through a drastic prioritisation process in 2009/10 due to funding cuts. ACPP has maintained its level of engagement in the Horn, the region most affected by conflicts in Africa.
The Afican Union's NEPAD and WFP organized a side event on food and nutrition during the AU summit in Kampala (24-26th July). The theme was: "Africa must feed itself. No child should go to bed hungry. Reduce child stunting by 50 percent in the next five years and beyond"
KAMPALA -- They came they saw, they touched, they smelled, they tested, they heard.
KAMPALA, 26 July 2010 (IRIN) - "Children don't vote," said Dr Robert Mwadime, of Uganda Action for Nutrition, at a session on the subject before the three-day African Union (AU) meeting opened in Kampala, Uganda. This means that political leaders in Africa often pay scant attention to the millions of children who die every year of malnutrition-related causes.
Commission on Population and Development
By Xiao Linjun
NAIROBI, Dec 18, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- African wisdom sheds light on efforts to resolve political crises in 2009, with a series of achievements made to ensure the continent of peace and prosperity in the coming years.
The Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) is in the limelight of 2009 for defusing flare-ups, which until months ago posed a real danger not only to the war-torn central African country, but the entire Great Lakes region.
The key to the success is an African plan worked out by regional leaders, under which DR Congo and neighboring Rwanda, …
KAMPALA, 26 October 2009 (IRIN) - Seventeen countries signed the African Union convention on internally displaced persons (IDPs) after years of preparation culminated in a week of meetings in the Ugandan capital but a lot more hard work remains before it becomes effective, according to observers.
"The most important step now is implementation," Julia Dolly Joiner, AU commissioner for political affairs, said.
KAMPALA, 22 October 2009 (IRIN) - Civil society and government officials are gathered in the Ugandan capital of Kampala to discuss the Convention on the Protection and Assistance of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Africa and a declaration on refugees, returnees and IDPs.
"It is a good convention, but the next steps are even more important," said Dismas Nkunda of the New York-based International Refugee Rights Initiative.
Mme Radhika Coomaraswany, qui présentait cet après midi son rapport devant l'Assemblée générale a accueilli avec ferveur les récentes résolutions 1882 et 1889 du Conseil de sécurité.
Figures and graphics available in PDF and WORD PROCESSED
Development Committee of the European Parliament
1 September 2009, European Parliament, Brussels
Honourable members of Parliament,
It is a real pleasure for me to be in the European Parliament today as Commissioner for Development and Humanitarian Aid.
As you probably know I spent some 14 years of my political career in this institution.