Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
- Uganda: UNHCR Operational Update, June 2018
Overview of the independent evaluation The success of malaria control efforts depends on a high level of coverage in the use of effective antimalarials such as artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs). Although these antimalarials have been procured in large amounts by countries, evidence suggests that ACT use still remains far below target levels.
By Kevin Rudd
Posted Sunday, June 19 2011 at 13:04
There is something magical about a child under five – those baby years, when you witness their first smile, their first step, their first word.
Unfortunately, every year almost eight million children with entirely preventable diseases never make it to that special 5th birthday. And all too often the lack of a simple needle — your everyday baby checkup and immunisations — is the reason for this. Most of these deaths occur in developing countries.
This report covers the period 1 January to 30 June 2010
Programme purpose: The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) International Disaster Response Laws, Rules and Principles (IDRL) Programme seeks to reduce human vulnerability by promoting legal preparedness for disasters, in particular with regard to international assistance.
Consistent with Resolution 4 of the 30th International Conference of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies of November 2007, a substantial proportion of the programme's activity is devoted to following up on …