Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
- Uganda Finalizes Plans to Vaccinate Front-line Health Workers against Ebola
- WHO and Ministry of Health Train health workers on Compassionate use of the Ebola vaccine
- DRC Refugee Influx to Uganda as of 31 October 2018
- East Africa host countries at a crossroads: Are refugees welcome or not?
Survey finds sharp rise in killings over land and forests as Rio talks open
New figures collected by Global Witness on the killings of activists, journalists and community members who were defending rights to land and forests show the true, shocking extent of competition for access to natural resources. The briefing, A Hidden Crisis?, finds that over 711 people appear to have been killed in the last decade – more than one a week. In 2011 the toll was 106 people, almost doubling over the past three years.