- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-31 October 2017
Appeals & Funding
- WHO: International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
Feedback and Complaint Mechanisms (FCM) are an essential component of transparent and accountable humanitarian response. Action Against Hunger provides formal feedback channels in the majority of its country programs. To document good practices and lessons learned, a qualitative study was undertaken focused on the FCMs in use by Action Against Hunger in Pakistan and Uganda.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE HIGH COMMISSIONER'S PROGRAMME
Rome, 7 May 2009 - Following the disastrous 2005 earthquake in Pakistan, several humanitarian organizations came forward to help households who had lost their livestock to rebuild herds and flocks by providing replacement animals.
But most of the animal shelters in the affected areas had been destroyed, and there was also a major shortage of winter feed.
The Government Offices have decided to contribute SEK 30 million to a new system for improving the international community's operations in humanitarian crises.
The system will also make it easier to initiate reconstruction efforts at an earlier stage. The leading humanitarian organisations have agreed to divide the responsibility for different types of operations among themselves.
BRUSSELS - With a contribution of a 4 million euros from ECHO for Pakistan today, the European Commission (EC) has provided its largest contribution since 1992 - some 214 million euros - to the United Nations World Food Programme's (WFP) operations around the globe in its effort to save lives and feed the hungry poor.
1. GOAL's cash for work scheme kicks off in Pakistan
The International Rescue Committee has launched a blog that gives Web site visitors a new, more personal way of learning about IRC people and programs. The blog will feature contributions from IRC staff working in 25 countries around the world and some 20 refugee resettlement offices across the United States.
"IRCblog.org gives everyone on IRC's staff a chance to share their work and tell our story in their own words and pictures," says Kathleen Sands, the IRC's Web director.