- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
The Higher Committee of Foreign aid at the Red Crescent Authority has allocated Dh 4.027 million to carry out developmental projects in a number of countries.
The assistance will cover health, education and social services sectors in addition to the provision of water supplies in areas which suffer from shortage of this vital service.
These projects will be carried out in a number of countries, including Palestine, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan, Jordan and Pakistan, Senegal, Bosnia, Uganda, Benin, Thailand, Chad, in addition to Ghana, Lebanon, Libya and Mauritania.
ASSEMBLY OF THE UNION
Eighteenth Ordinary Session
29 – 30 January 2012
Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
Human Rights Council
MORNING 31 May 2010
High Commissioner for Human Rights Addresses the Meeting
The Human Rights Council this morning opened its fourteenth regular session, hearing a statement from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay, who updated the Council on the work of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. The Council then held a general debate, in which context speakers raised the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals, the struggle against all forms of discrimination, and the achievement of the right to development. Many …
15 April 2009, Geneva, Palais Wilson, Room RS-181
On 21 September 2008, the Human Rights Council adopted resolution A/HRC/9/9 entitled "Protection of the human rights of civilians in armed conflict".
Qatar pledges $40 million to the UN for humanitarian aid
Qatar announced a donation of $40 million to the United Nations for its humanitarian programmes worldwide. Thirty million dollars has been pledged for emergency operations in Gaza while $10 million will go to CERF, making Qatar the ninth-largest contributor to the Fund for 2009.
Of the $30 million, $10 million has been allocated to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) for lifesaving activities, and $10 million for the World Food Programme's (WFP) emergency food assistance for more than one million Gazans.
Office of the Spokesman
The President has authorized the use of $29.5 million from the U.S. Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance (ERMA) Fund to meet unexpected urgent refugee and migration needs related to conflicts in Somalia, Sudan, and Chad, and to meet refugee food needs in other African countries, the West Bank and Gaza.
Answering the UN's annual appeals for different
countries and regions, Sida has decided to allocate EUR 36.7 million to
alleviate crises in about 20 countries.
A positive change since last year is that Sudan, Angola and the Democratic Republic of Congo have all initiated peace processes, even though the humanitarian situation remains very serious. Apart from armed conflict, HIV/AIDS represents the biggest threat to development.
Voice of America, April 25, 2002
Peter W. Singer, John M. Olin Post-Doctoral Fellow, Foreign Policy Studies
MR. BORGIDA: And joining me now live from the Brookings Institution in Washington, Peter Singer. He has studied the subject of child soldiers, who now seem to be involved in a wide variety of movements and terrorist organizations. Thank you so much for joining us, Mr. Singer. We appreciate your time.
Talk to us a bit about who child soldiers are. Define the term for us, please - an age perhaps?