- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- WHO deploys mobile laboratory to support Marburg outbreak response
- Uganda declares end of Marburg Virus Disease outbreak
FOCUS - South and South-East Asia
The Human Rights Council this morning held an interactive dialogue with the Chairperson-Rapporteur of the Working Group on enforced or involuntary disappearances, the Chairperson-Rapporteur of the Working Group on arbitrary detention, and the Representative of the Secretary-General on the human rights of internally displaced persons.
Ensuring access to water, sanitation, & hygiene in Myanmar, Uganda, & the D.R. Congo
It's a bitter irony that the torrential rains of a tropical cyclone can leave millions of people without a drop of clean water. When Cyclone Nargis ravaged coastal Myanmar-claiming over 80,000 lives-survivors found that their wells and rice paddies were badly contaminated by brackish floodwaters.
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
'In all the places where the churches are providing assistance, the food is fresh-they are cooking and providing fresh food everyday,' explains a pastor in Myanmar.
The pastor coordinates the relief effort among churches throughout the cyclone-affected areas. Speaking from 28 years of affiliation with Church World Service, the pastor says, 'Churches (in Myanmar) provide support in a non-discriminatory way--this is the witness of the church.' Church World Service has been working through partnerships in Myanmar since 1959.
HEADLINES OF THE MONTH
MALI: The Tuareg armed group led by Ag-Bahanga clashes with the army in the region of Kidal just one month after it reached an agreement on cessation of hostilities.
MYANMAR: The Military Junta announces a support to the Constitution of 92% of voters amid reports of fraud and intimidation of the opposition and the humanitarian crisis caused by the Nargis cyclone, which left 77,000 people dead and 55,000 others missing.
PHILIPPINES: The appointment of the up to now chief of the army as the new presidential counsellor for the peace process raises …
Rome, 7 March 2008 - The award-winning Internet word game FreeRice has revealed a surprising staying power as a web phenomenon and six months after its birth has now generated 21 billion grains of rice for the world's hungry.
'I never imagined that things would move this fast or that it would be such a success,' said FreeRice creator John Breen, who says between 300,000 and 500,000 people are currently playing the game every day.
'Quite apart from the actual amount of rice generated, FreeRice is a fantastic way of spreading the message about world hunger,' he …