Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Uganda, Bududa - Landslide (Uganda Red Cross Society, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 13 October 2018)
- Uganda: Landslides/Mudflow Assessment in Mbale District, Eastern Region (as of 15 October 2018)
- Bududa: 10 more villages at risk of mudslide disaster
- Uganda prepares to vaccinate against Ebola in case the virus strikes the country
JOHANNESBURG, 19 June 2012 (IRIN) - The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has halved food rations to refugees living in camps in at least four African countries citing a funding shortfall.
The cuts have already affected 16,000 refugees in Malawi's Dzaleka camp who have been on half rations since March, while a further 120,000 refugees in Uganda began receiving half rations of cereals in May.
KAMPALA, 17 November 2009 (IRIN) - Africa will fail to achieve most UN Millennium Development Goals unless countries adopt effective family planning programmes and control rapid population growth, experts warn.
"Africa has not done well in areas of family planning," Khama Rogo, World Bank senior adviser, said. "It is not that we cannot do well; we have not committed ourselves... family planning and population growth have a cross-cutting impact."
Rogo was speaking at a three-day international conference on family planning, organized by the Gates Foundation and …