Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda Red Cross expands response as cholera outbreak threatens Congolese refugees
- Hundreds line up for start of Ugandan refugee verification
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan January-December 2018
- Uganda: South Sudan Situation UNHCR Operational Update, March 2018
- FAO and the Government of Uganda launch a new surveillance evaluation tool to support government in prevention and control of zoonotic diseases
Item 65 (a) of the provisional agenda
New Partnership for Africa's Development:
James T. Morris, Executive Director, World Food Programme
ROME -- President Olusegun Obasanjo of Nigeria and the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), James Morris, today called for greater efforts to eradicate child hunger and malnutrition in Africa, ahead of next month's summit of the G8 leading industrialised countries in Scotland.
President Obasanjo, who was in Rome for discussions with Morris and to address WFP's governing Executive Board, said Nigeria was working with WFP and other agencies to give agriculture and food security pride of place.
ROME - The United Nations World Food Programme today officially launched the Africa Hunger Alert campaign, aimed at drawing international attention to the unprecedented hunger crisis gripping the African continent where 38 million people face starvation.