Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Rights in exile policy paper: Uganda's refugee policies; the history, the politics, the way forward - October 2018
- Govt to move Ebola screening equipment to Kasese
- Rapid Diagnostic Assessment of Land and Natural Resources Degradation in Areas Impacted by South Sudan Refugee Influx in Uganda Field Mission Report, 11-19 March 2018
- Uganda Red Cross takes relief to families affected in the Bududa landslides
- Uganda: Landslide Emergency
Item 65 (a) of the provisional agenda
New Partnership for Africa's Development:
James T. Morris, Executive Director, World Food Programme
ROME -- President Olusegun Obasanjo of Nigeria and the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), James Morris, today called for greater efforts to eradicate child hunger and malnutrition in Africa, ahead of next month's summit of the G8 leading industrialised countries in Scotland.
President Obasanjo, who was in Rome for discussions with Morris and to address WFP's governing Executive Board, said Nigeria was working with WFP and other agencies to give agriculture and food security pride of place.
ROME - The United Nations World Food Programme today officially launched the Africa Hunger Alert campaign, aimed at drawing international attention to the unprecedented hunger crisis gripping the African continent where 38 million people face starvation.