- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-31 October 2017
Appeals & Funding
- WHO: International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
Ecosystem Based Flood Relief to Recovery in Uttarakhand
As authorities undertake relief work in the flood-affected areas in Uttarakhand. Where more than 100 people have lost their lives and thousands have been affected, experts analysing the situation say that flood management initiatives also point to the gap of not having faster, better and more effective ways of making damage and loss assessments after floods.
Attention to land degradation and environmental pollution has increased significantly in the past 25 years, largely due to greater levels of international cooperation and recognition that local changes in land resources have global impacts. As the world’s focus on climate change increases, so, too, does the attention being paid to drought and its rise in frequency and severity.
Item 55 (c) of the provisional agenda*
Sustainable development: International Strategy
Point 55 c) de l'ordre du jour provisoire*
Développement durable : Stratégie internationale
1.37 million new TB cases in 2007 among HIV-infected people, says new global TB control report
24 MARCH 2009 | RIO DE JANEIRO -- The total number of new tuberculosis (TB) cases remained stable in 2007, and the percentage of the world's population becoming ill with TB has continued the slow decline that was first observed in 2004, according to a new report released by WHO today.
However, the 2009 global TB control report also reveals that one out of four TB deaths is HIV-related, twice as many as …
INDIA: FLOOD RELIEF
Some 1,500 families will receive assistance following severe flooding in West Bengal, India. Unrelenting rain lasting several days caused flooding which has affected more than 50,000 people.
UMCOR is working through Action by Churches Together partners in the area including Church's Auxiliary for Social Action (CASA). CASA along with other partner organizations are providing assistance to 1,500 of the most vulnerable families.