- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
New York -- Meeting the Millennium Development Goals, particularly the most urgent one - to reduce the proportion of hungry people in the world by half by 2015 - requires not just shared vision and commitment but shared action on the ground.
In the first year of an exciting initiative funded mainly by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, 42,000 smallholder farmers all over the world have been involved in selling food to WFP through the 'Purchase For Progress' pilot programme.
BAMAKO -- Faso Jigi, a federation of farmers' associations in Mali, scored a first this year. Its 2,500 members were finally able to participate and win a tender to sell 600 metric tons (MT) of cereals to WFP.
"This year the sale was quick, they paid us promptly and we made a good profit.
AFGHANISTAN: Satellite imagery of northern Afghanistan indicates that the ongoing drought is the most severe since 2000. Coupled with high food prices and ongoing conflict, this has contributed to deteriorating food security. The Afghan government and the United Nations have jointly appealed for USD 400 million to address emergency needs. Funding the food security component of this appeal is essential to prevent a humanitarian crisis.
EAST AFRICA: Below-normal March-May rains, crop failure, and high prices threaten food security in much of East Africa.