- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- WHO: International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
CONSEIL DE SÉCURITÉ
8125E SÉANCE – MATIN
Le Conseil de sécurité a, ce matin, demandé de nouveau à tous les États signataires de l’Accord-cadre pour la paix, la sécurité et la coopération pour la République démocratique du Congo (RDC) et la région de redoubler d’efforts pour honorer leurs engagements, notamment ceux consistant « à s’abstenir de toute ingérence dans les affaires intérieures des pays voisins, à ne pas tolérer de groupes armés ni à leur fournir une assistance et à ne pas héberger de criminels de guerre ».
8125th Meeting (AM)
Nearly five years after parties signed the cooperation framework for the Great Lakes region, the Security Council reiterated today its call for States to abide by the commitment to non‑interference in the internal affairs of neighbours and the prohibition against abetting armed groups or war criminals.
Update on global programmes
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner’s Programme
Update on UNHCR’s operations in Africa
A. Situational analysis including new developments
1. Following the independence of South Sudan on 9 July 2011, the Economic and Social Council, through its resolution 2011/43, expressed interest in working with partners in addressing the extensive humanitarian, peacebuilding and development challenges facing the country. The present report is the sixth on South Sudan submitted to the Council since the country’s independence.
- The present report is submitted pursuant to Security Council resolution 2277 (2016), in which the Council requested me to report on the implementation of the commitments under the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Region.
It covers developments since the issuance of my report of 4 October 2016 (S/2016/840) and provides information on peace and security developments in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Great Lakes region until 28 February 2017.
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 18 of Security Council resolution 2304 (2016), in which the Council requested me to present, within 90 days, recommendations on the steps to adapt the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) to the situation on the ground and to increase the efficiency of the implementation of its mandate, including with respect to strengthening the safety and security of United Nations personnel and facilities.