Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Uganda Country Refugee Response Plan: The integrated response plan for refugees from South Sudan, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, January 2019 - December 2020
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- Gov’t starts training emergency responders
- The Democratic Republic of Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) January 2019 - December 2020
- New education programme launched for 100,000 refugee and Ugandan children
Summary of WFP assistance: WFP's interventions in Uganda focus on three priority areas: emergency humanitarian action; food and nutrition security; and agriculture and market support, which includes Purchase for Progress (P4P). These are implemented through a Protracted Relief and Recovery Operation (PRR0 200429) for emergency humanitarian action and a country programme (108070) for food and nutrition security and agriculture and market support.
Average retail prices for maize grain and sorghum were relatively low in September compared to August but far higher than the September 2014 and average 2013/14 prices.
The Terms of Trade for both goat prices and daily causal labour wage rates against maize grain improved compared to August 2015, but deteriorated compared to the same period in September 2014.
REST OF THE COUNTRY
Cholera in Hoima District:
Trends in Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) violence in eastern Central African Republic (CAR) and northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo (Congo) diverged sharply in the first eight months of 2015. In Congo, LRA groups utilized bold tactics rarely employed in recent years, killing at least six Congolese soldiers and conducting a series of large-scale looting raids that led to a surge in civilian abductions.
According to Government of Uganda’s Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) reports, a total of 14,464 refugees have arrived in Uganda since November 2014 and 50% of them are children under the age of 18 years. The period of September 18-24, 2015 saw a total of 74 new refugees up from the last week’s 27 with a daily new arrival of 11 individuals.
Highlights of Consumer Price Index for September 2015
1.0 ANNUAL INFLATION
A total of 197,269 Burundian refugees and asylum-seekers have arrived in the neighbouring countries of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the United Republic of Tanzania, Rwanda, as well as Uganda and Zambia since April 2015. The situation in Burundi remains volatile with continued incidents of sporadic violence in the country.