Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda Red Cross expands response as cholera outbreak threatens Congolese refugees
- Access to water and sanitation helps halt risk of disease in growing refugee camps on Uganda border
- FAO and the Government of Uganda launch a new surveillance evaluation tool to support government in prevention and control of zoonotic diseases
- Uganda: South Sudan Situation UNHCR Operational Update, March 2018
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - March 2018
Vienna, Austria, December 11, 2015. Over 24 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 153rd Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amount to nearly US$154m and comprise the following: See complete table
Grant funding totaling US$3.36m was also approved for the following projects/programs:
Vienna, Austria, March 11, 2015. Over 30 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 150th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amounting to US$201m will support the following projects:
Vienna, Austria, February 6, 2015. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has signed new loan agreements totaling over US$140 million to help boost socio-economic development in six partner countries. The agreements were signed by OFID Director-General Mr Suleiman J Al-Herbish and various ministers and other high-ranking officials of the beneficiary countries.
The bulk of the funding will help fund water-related projects aimed at helping strengthen the agriculture and water supply and sanitation sectors in the beneficiary countries.