Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda Red Cross expands response as cholera outbreak threatens Congolese refugees
- FAO and the Government of Uganda launch a new surveillance evaluation tool to support government in prevention and control of zoonotic diseases
- Uganda: South Sudan Situation UNHCR Operational Update, March 2018
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - March 2018
- Uganda starts study on Ebola, Marburg and Meningitis
Last week, the government met the refugees and offered them Sh10,000 each and a further Sh50,000 per family.
They disagreed forcing the government to revise the figure to Sh100,000, which the refugees still rejected but later accepted.
Their chairman Edward Kimani protested against government pronouncement that it does not recognize the families as IDPs.
By RAPHAEL WANJALA
By PHYLIS MUSASIA
A major crisis is looming at Malaba refugee holding camp due to overpopulation.
One of the returnees, Ms Ruth Bilongo, said she was grateful to President Uhuru Kenyatta for restoring stability in Kenya.
The lucky ones who could still remember their relatives shouted in disbelief while others fiercely hugged each another on arrival.
Handing them over to Kenyan officials, Ugandan Relief Disaster Preparedness and Refugees Minister Hilary Onek said the two governments must ensure violence-free countries.
By ALBERT TUMWINE