Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda Red Cross expands response as cholera outbreak threatens Congolese refugees
- Access to water and sanitation helps halt risk of disease in growing refugee camps on Uganda border
- FAO and the Government of Uganda launch a new surveillance evaluation tool to support government in prevention and control of zoonotic diseases
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - March 2018
- Uganda: South Sudan Situation UNHCR Operational Update, March 2018
2015 FUNDING OUTLOOK
"We are raising as much, or more, as we’ve ever raised. Our traditional donors are as generous as ever.
It’s that the number of crises is outpacing the generosity. We need those who have given to us to give more. And we need more donors to support the gap.” WFP Executive Director Ertharin Cousin, speaking in August 2015 to Philanthropy Age magazine.
Slow start to rainy season in southern Africa, flooding risks remain in Guatemala, Somalia, and Ethiopia
Africa Weather Hazards
Persistently below average rainfall since August over several bimodal areas of Côte d’Ivoire,
Ghana, Togo, Benin, and Nigeria has led to an increase in moisture deficits and a degradation of ground conditions, resulting in drought.
Dryness worsens in Ethiopia and coastal West Africa
Africa Weather Hazards
Below-average rainfall over several bimodal areas of Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, and Nigeria has led to a rapid increase in moisture deficits and a degradation of ground conditions. Reduced rainfall is expected during in the region during lateSeptember.
The year opened with a worsening of the ongoing conflicts in Yemen, Nigeria and Ukraine, each with potentially major regional implications. Violence escalated in Sudan, as well as in Lebanon's Tripoli and along its southern border with Israel, and a deadly clash between police and militants in the southern Philippines threatened to derail the peace process there. In South Asia, both Bangladesh and Nepal saw political tensions intensify.