Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Press statement on New Confirmed Ebola Case in DRC near Uganda Border
- Uganda prepares to vaccinate against Ebola in case the virus strikes the country
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Supranational Lab Supercharges Fight against TB in East Africa
- Temperature Check: Border Screening of Travelers Key to Stopping Ebola from Spreading
MoS Sean Sherlock, Minister Charles Flanagan, Irish Aid, Press Releases, Ireland, 2015,
Minister for Foreign Affairs & Trade, Mr. Charlie Flanagan T.D, & Minister of State for Development, Trade Promotion and North South Co-operation, Mr. Seán Sherlock, T.D., Announce Additional €3 million Humanitarian Assistance Funding for South Sudan, Nigeria and Burundi.
KAMPALA –Irish Aid today committed critical funding that will enable the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to assist more than 100,000 school children in Karamoja and nearly 150,000 South Sudanese refugees living in transit centres and settlements in northern Uganda.
Signing a Memorandum of Understanding in Kampala with acting WFP Country Director Michael Dunford, the Ambassador of Ireland, Donal Cronin, committed €450,000 for the WFP school feeding programme in Karamoja sub-region and another €450,000 for refugees in West Nile.