- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Lessons by Partners for Resilience: moving from output to impact
by Juriaan Lahr, Head of International Assistance, Netherlands Red Cross
Ongwen capturé mais les luttes pour le pouvoir éclipsent le conflit de la LRA
L'année a commencé avec l'annonce de la reddition de Domininc Ongwen. C'est un considérable pas en avant dans les efforts en vue de mettre fin à la notoire Armée de résistance du Seigneur (LRA).
Cependant, la région se heurte à de nombreux défis sur le plan de la sécurité et de la situation politique, y compris la LRA, qui est encore active. Cette édition de Voix de Paix dévoile la réalité inquiétante de la région.
Ongwen captured but power struggles overshadow LRA conflict
The year has begun with the news of Dominic Ongwen’s surrender. This is a major step towards the end of the notorious Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA).
However, the region is still facing grave security and political challenges, including the still active LRA. This edition of Voice of Peace exposes the troubling reality of the region.
Recognizing the challenges of food insecurity in certain areas in Uganda, WFP in consultation with the Government and partners developed a Country Strategy (2009–2014). The Strategy identifies three priority areas:
- Emergency humanitarian action
- Food and nutrition security
- Agriculture and market support
A second generation Country Strategy is being developed and will be available in December 2015.
WFP has been present in Uganda since 1963.
This Indicator Report provides a monthly snapshot of the regional response to the South Sudan Situation. The indicators included report on the Post 15 December 2013 South Sudan caseload only. The report is prepared through collaboration with the reporting country and the Regional Support Hub, Nairobi.
The notes below provide further contextual information on various sector indicators. Please note that Kampala is an urban area where refugees are not directly supported by UNHCR and its partners, so many of the indicators are not applicable to Kampala.
Le profil humanitaire du Nord-Kivu se veut être un outil de mobilisation de ressources et de préparation aux urgences mis à jour trimestriellement pour informer la communauté humanitaire sur les principaux enjeux humanitaires de la province.
New study on child poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa
Two thirds of children in sub-Saharan Africa experience multiple deprivations
New UNICEF study provides extensive new data and analysis of multidimensional child poverty
14 October, Kampala – A half-day meeting of ministers in-charge of Karamoja Cluster affairs from Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan and Uganda that convened in Kampala’s Munynyo Commonwealth resort today concluded with the launch of an annual ministerial forum as well as a collective commitment on harmonizing peace, security and development initiatives across the Cluster.
By Breda Gahan
HIV and AIDS theory and practice in developing countries is sometimes dominated by the power of Western ideas, worldviews, actors, tools, models, and frameworks. Consequently, the resulting interventions may too rarely be locally rooted, locally driven, or resonant with local context.
Average nominal retail prices for maize grain, sorghum and beans in Karamoja increased slightly as harvests come to an end in most households especially Kotido. Also, goat prices increased during the festival season.
The terms of trade (goat/maize) improved in December mainly due to the increase in goat prices. However, the ToT for daily wage against maize grain continued to deteriorate.
One year since armed conflict broke out in South Sudan, almost 5 million people are in need of immediate humanitarian assistance. More than 1.4 million people are internally displaced and almost 480,000 South Sudanese have sought refuge in neighbouring countries.
AMOUNT: EUR 101 000 000
0 . MAJOR CHANGE SINCE THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE HIP
December 2014 Kenya is currently hosting some 574 000 refugees and asylum seekers, a number which continues to grow rapidly due to the refugee influx from South Sudan.
On 5 November 2014, WFP, together with UNHCR, formally informed the donor community that a 50% rations' cut would take place from the second distribution cycle in November and would be likely to last until the end of January 2015.