- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
- WHO deploys mobile laboratory to support Marburg outbreak response
Six years after the guns fell silent, and months into the second iteration of the Peace, Recovery and Development Programme (PRDP), the question of whether northern Uganda is truly at peace remains unanswered in many people’s minds.
- Who are we?
The IFRC Regional Representation for Eastern Africa and Indian Ocean Islands, as part of the IFRC Africa Zone, supports National Societies (NS) to train and mobilise volunteers to respond to emergencies and to make communities more resilient to risks. It aims to make this work sustainable by bringing evidence-based cases of the benefits of Red Cross/Red Crescent volunteer action to new and existing stakeholders in the humanitarian and development sector.
TDRP participated in Global DDR Summit in December 2-3, Santa Marta, Colombia
South Sudan Reintegration Pilot Project entered the reintegration phase
DDR Facebook page reached 18,000 followers
Great Lakes Peace Cup tournament finalist for international Peace & Sport Award
African Union DDR Capacity Program Consultative Workshop
Addressing cross border issues for drought management in drylands of the Horn of Africa is critical, since the major livelihood, pastoralism, spans national borders, which often cut across landscapes, watersheds and ethnic groups. Mobility is a crucial drought coping strategy for pastoralist communities as well as being essential for economic and environmental development.
Résumé: Les cinq évolutions les plus importantes de la LRA en 2013
Today, Invisible Children and The Resolve released the 2013 LRA Crisis Tracker Security Brief. This annual report provides analysis on all data collected as part of the LRA Crisis Tracker, providing actionable intelligence for counter-LRA actors and valuable information for the public.
The report identifies five key findings from the 2013 data:
1.THE LRA LOST AS MUCH AS ONE-FIFTH OF ITS CORE FIGHTING CAPACITY.
UNHCR operational highlights
Le présent rapport a été établi en application des résolutions 2088 (2013) et 2121 (2013) du Conseil de sécurité. Il fait d’abord le point sur la situation en République centrafricaine et sur les activités menées dans ce pays par le Bureau intégré des Nations Unies pour la consolidation de la paix en République centrafricaine (BINUCA) du 1er août au 31 décembre 2013. Il procède ensuite à une évaluation détaillée des résultats et de l’efficacité du BINUCA.
The present report is submitted pursuant to the request of the Security Council contained in its resolution 2088 (2013) and amended in its resolution 2121 (2013). It provides an update on the situation in the Central African Republic and the activities of the United Nations Integrated Peacebuilding Office in the Central African Republic (BINUCA) from 1 August to 31 December 2013. It also includes a detailed assessment of the performance and effectiveness of BINUCA.
Democratic governance initiatives - policy advocacy: Links between democratic governance initiatives and poverty reduction: Please identify some examples of successful democratic governance interventions with a specific focus on supporting policy advocacy, and how do these interventions impact on poverty reduction? Please do a short literature review with an emphasis on lessons learnt. Please also identify and summarise evaluations of implemented development programmes.
World Bank report recognizes FAO ICT project in Uganda - Case Study
A new World Bank study on mobile applications for the agricultural and forest sector recognizes FAO’s expertise on mobile data collection technology for drought preparedness in Uganda. Published in December 2013, the study ICT for Data Collection and Monitoring & Evaluation assists development organizations to stay up to date with changing technology and to identify appropriate technology channels for data collection and M&E work.
This analysis was compiled at a workshop held at Ridar Hotel - Seeta Mukono, from 25 to 28 November 2013. It was attended by 50 participants: 30 from Districts representing all regions of Uganda, and 20 members of the IPC Technical Working Group representing relevant NGOs, UN Agencies and Ministries that handle food security, water and sanitation, health and nutrition related activities.
The objectives of the analysis were: