Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
The United Nations Security Council wound up its five-nation visit today in Tanzania, where it thanked the Government for hosting refugees and for its peace mediation in the African Great Lakes region, where the UN is helping to organize the biggest elections in its 60-year history in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The United Nations-backed Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria has reinstated its five grants to Uganda, after agreeing on action points for restructured national management of the funds.
The United Nations peacekeeping operation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUC) is assisting the country's troops in cordon and search missions in the troubled east, where Ugandan rebels have been sighted and into which Ugandan-based soldiers were reported to have crossed briefly last month.
A humanitarian tragedy has been unfolding in the northern part of Uganda -- its impact on some of the most vulnerable groups, especially children, is a story that demands close and continuous attention.
Aiming to spotlight the potential for peace in Central Africa, the United Nations Security Council has announced plans to visit five countries in the region, which is largely recovering from ethnic and territorial conflict.