Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
The UK is to reduce budget support to Uganda by £15 million and use the money to provide humanitarian relief in northern Uganda, Hilary Benn, Secretary of State for International Development, told the House of Commons today.
In addition, a further £5 million will be held back until after the elections in February, when a decision will be made on whether to disburse it.
The immediate effect is to reduce budget support by £20 million from a planned £50 million.
The UK is to double its funding for water and sanitation in Africa over the next three years, International Development Secretary Hilary Benn announced today.
And he said the Government will take immediate action to help 11 African countries where the problem is most acute.
Speaking at a conference to mark World Water Day, Mr Benn said funding from the Department for International Development will increase from £47.5m this year to £95m in 2007/8.
He said there were a number of reasons why international targets to improve access to water and sanitation are not being …