Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Contested Refuge: The political economy and conflict dynamics in Uganda's Bidi Bidi refugee Settlement
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - September 2018
- Uganda: Landslide Emergency
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Uganda: Landslides/Mudflow Assessment in Mbale District, Eastern Region (as of 15 October 2018)
The Government has decided to withhold SEK 65 million in budget support to Uganda in light of the negative democratic development in the country.
Instead, SEK 25 million of the funds allocated to Uganda will be used directly for disaster relief in the war-torn northern area of the country.
"After the elections at the beginning of 2006, we will make a new evaluation of the situation in the country regarding democratic development, including the way the elections are carried out, and then decide if we can pay the remaining funds earmarked for budget support," says Carin …
Today the Government took the decision to authorise Sida to prepare budget support for ten countries - Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Honduras, Mali, Mozambique, Nacaragua, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia - and to disburse previously approved budget support to Malawi. The decision was made under the guidelines for cooperation strategies recently adopted by the Government, which entail giving Sida responsibility for handling Swedish budget support to poor countries.
"This budget support will give the recipient countries a better chance to control their own development.