Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Democratic Republic of Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) January 2019 - December 2020
- Nearly 1 million children in West Nile to benefit from better quality health services
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- Uganda: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - Updated December 11, 2018
- New education programme launched for 100,000 refugee and Ugandan children
News Article by XINHUA on December 26, 1999 at 12:44:20:
KAMPALA (Nov. 17) XINHUA - A new
wave of refugees fleeing factional clashes in southern Sudan are pouring
into the areas of northeastern Uganda.
The refugees are said to be victims of the deteriorating relations between the Dinka and Didinga tribes within the Sudanese People's Liberation Army (SPLA) ranks, the New Vision daily reported Wednesday.
Local sources were quoted as saying that both the Didinga and Dinkas were entering Uganda from different points.
by Feng Jian and Wang Shangzhi
HARARE (Aug. 12) XINHUA - Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe Thursday urged African governments to advance the vision of a world without war by preventing conflicts.
KAMPALA (Aug. 11) XINHUA - Western Uganda is experiencing a prolonged dry spell which has constituted a serious threat to the life of local residents.
KAMPALA (July 18) XINHUA - Uganda had 0.3 million displaced people inside and 10,000 people in exile in 1998, an international organization report said.
KAMPALA (June 29) XINHUA - The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) announced Tuesday that it has signed a 42-billion-shilling (30 million U.S. dollars) country program with the Ugandan government to run parallel with its current relief and recovery operations in the country.
KAMPALA (June 28) XINHUA - The U.N. World Food Program (WFP) will deliver 400 tons of relief food to some 146,000 displaced people in the district of Bundibugyo in western Uganda.
KAMPALA (June 25) XINHUA - The following is a brief chronology of the armed conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) since its eruption in August 1998.