Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
2012 a vu une augmentation constante du nombre de personnes deplacées internes, passant de 1,7 millions en décembre 2011 à près de 2,7 millions en décembre 2012. L'est du pays est demeuré très instable dû à l'insécurité née de la présence des différents groupes armés- au Katanga, la population déplacée interne a quintuplé.
La persistence et la resurgence de plusieurs maladies ont fragilisé des communautes déjà démunies. Dans le reste du pays, des poches humanitaires surgissent, le défi principal étant les programmes de développement.
By Joint Report The EastAfrican
Average to good harvests, with slight delays
• In line with seasonal trends, acute food insecurity is at its lowest level of the year.
• Though delayed by a few weeks in certain surplus-production areas, in general, July-December harvests are expected to be average to good.
• In Vakaga, the Ouandja River broke its banks in August, causing damage to rainfed crops along the river. More information is needed to understand the food security impacts.
The Joint Assessment Mission (JAM) conducted in September 2012 aimed at obtaining a better understanding of the situation, needs, risks, capacities and vulnerabilities of refugees in Malawi with regard to food, livelihood, their nutritional/health situation and related matters. The current programme is coming to an end, and this JAM Report aims to provide information for further assistance through the design of a new programme cycle for both WFP (the PRRO) and UNHCR. The last JAM was carried out in 2009 in coordination with the GoM and other stakeholders.
The U.S. Mission in Uganda today announced a contribution of $7.9 million toward agriculture and market access activities of the UN World Food Program (WFP). The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), through the U.S. Government’s Feed the Future initiative, will deliver the funding on behalf of the American people.
• In West Africa, food prices were stable or decreased in November as staple food availability continued to improve with the ongoing marketing season. Some earlier-than-anticipated price increases occurred in region’s urban centers and structurally-deficit zones due to limited commodity flows from surplusproducing areas.
Insecurity in the northern region of CAR
Relocation of refugees from Mboki and Obo to Zémio
CAR 2012 CAP funding status
In 2012, the U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF) reached 32,000 smallholder farmers and processors involved in agricultural services through Feed the Future grants. This year, USADF funded 57 new Feed the Future projects worth more than $6.5 million that directly empower under-served and marginalized community groups and enterprises in ten African countries.
Policy & Practice Brief Issue # 020 December 2012
By John Ahere
Malaria is one of the diseases affected by unscrupulous traders in fake and substandard drugs
Read the full report on the Guardian.
Overview of the major reported outbreaks in the WHO African Region
- Cholera in Sierra Leone
- Cholera in DR Congo
- Ebola in Uganda
- Marburg in Uganda
- Rift Valley Fever in Mauritania
- Ebola in DR Congo
NYAKABANDE TRANSIT CENTRE, Uganda, December 24 (UNHCR) – Marc,* Philippe* and Georges* are all young, fit and male – ideal material for forced military recruitment. That's why the 20-year-olds fled their homes, like thousands of other young men living in fear of being forced to fight in eastern Democratic of the Congo's (DRC) endless conflict.
La Monusco a lancé l’opération « Réconfort » depuis jeudi 20 décembre dans le Haut et Bas Uélé dans la Province orientale. Cette opération consiste à traquer le mouvement rebelle ougandais de l’Armée de résistance du Seigneur (LRA) dans cette province. Selon le porte-parole militaire de la Mission Onusienne, Félix Basse, cette opération vise à protéger les populations civiles et contrer toutes les actions de la LRA pendant cette période de festivités.
Australian NGO: ActionAid Australia
Local Partner: ActionAid Uganda
Project Title: Women’s rights in agriculture
2011-12 funding: $97,391
Gender inequality remains a significant development challenge for many countries in the world. Nations are unable to reach their full potential when half of their citizens are excluded from important leadership and economic opportunities. Three of the ten development objectives of An Effective Aid Program for Australia specifically address gender equality and the empowerment of women.