Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Democratic Republic of Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) January 2019 - December 2020
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo : Regional Refugee Response Plan, January 2019 - December 2020 (At a glance)
- Nearly 1 million children in West Nile to benefit from better quality health services
- Communication as Aid; Using music and drama to disseminate Ebola prevention messages in Kabarole district, South Western Uganda
Nairobi - Concerned about the increasing environmental problems of the Lake Victoria Basin, East African Ministers of Water commended UN-HABITAT on its leadership role in the design and implementation of the Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation Initiative.
The Ministers, who were in Nairobi on September 5 for a meeting organised by UN-HABITAT to review the progress of the initiative, resolved to fully support the implementation of the current and next phases of the programme by committing their Governments to contribute the necessary counterpart funds.
They also agreed to address the …
Nairobi - UN-HABITAT announced on Tuesday that it had appointed a seasoned Special Advisor with global expertise to assist the Ugandan government and local authorities in the former Gulu conflict zone in northern Uganda. Mr. Peter Donde, a Kenyan national, is a veteran of special projects in Somalia, Sudan, Myanmar, Iraq, Indonesia, Tanzania and Kenya.
Some 2 million people have been displaced in northern Uganda due to conflict and civil war. The majority have lived for decades in poor conditions in some 200 camps in the region.
Nairobi - Working in collaboration with two Kenyan engineering firms, UN-HABITAT has developed innovative tractor trailer system and a small pick up vehicle to meet the solid waste collection needs of small towns.
In a clear demonstration of public-private sector partnership which it has been championing, UN-HABITAT tapped Farm Engineering Industries Limited based in the western Kenya town of Kisumu and Ndume Engineering of Gilgil town, also in Kenya to develop the inventions..
'This is going to be a major boost in our war against waste in the municipality,' said a technician …