Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Uganda: Landslides/Mudflow Assessment in Mbale District, Eastern Region (as of 15 October 2018)
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Uganda: Landslide Emergency
- Contested Refuge: The political economy and conflict dynamics in Uganda's Bidi Bidi refugee Settlement
- OPM-UNHCR Verification Exercise: Update, 13 October 2018
The Portfolio of Mine Action Projects 2009 provides a snapshot of the problems of landmines and explosive remnants of war (ERW) in 33 countries, territories and peacekeeping missions, and describes the strategies for eliminating each of these threats.
This 12th edition of the annual portfolio is a collection of mine action project proposals that reflect a strategic response by field-based partners to the landmine and ERW problems in specific countries or territories.
(Poznan, 3 December 2008): Today, for the first time in climate change negotiations, the humanitarian agencies of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee have teamed up with disaster risk reduction staff of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) system to issue a joint call for scaled-up global action to reduce disaster risk and to strengthen preparedness for effective response.
The current negotiations on risk management and risk reduction in Poznan are a unique opportunity to make sure that adaptation action is able to prevent global humanitarian …