Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Press statement on rumoured Ebola outbreak in Mubende district
- Child Poverty and Deprivation in Refugee-Hosting Areas: Evidence from Uganda
- Uganda / Africa: Refugee Influx from DRC - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n°. MDRUG040
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - May 2018
KAMPALA, Dec 31, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Uganda People's Defense Forces (UPDF) on Sunday rescued 26 abductees from the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebels in Pader district in northern Uganda, local daily the New Vision reported Tuesday.
This document supplements the ICRC's Headquarters Appeal 2003and contains:
- an overview of the ICRC's operations in 2003
- a description of its presence in the field
- a breakdown of its operational organization
- a description of its target populations
- a concise description of its programmes
- a brief description of its 63 delegations
- overall budget amounts
- overall budget and budgets by programme for each delegation
NAIROBI, 30 December (IRIN) - The leader of the rebel Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), Joseph Kony, has reportedly telephoned a radio station in northern Uganda to say he is ready to enter peace talks with the Ugandan government, according to news agencies.
This report includes:
NAIROBI, 27 December (IRIN) - The Ugandan government this week signed a peace deal with over 2,000 former soldiers of the exiled former president, Idi Amin, following five years of negotiations.
BUJUMBURA (Reuters) - The main rebel group in the Democratic Republic of Congo said on Monday it had recaptured the port of Uvira after three days of heavy fighting with government-allied militias.
WFP Press Briefing - Geneva
WFP is extremely concerned about the impact of deteriorating security on Northern Uganda's humanitarian crisis.
Some 800,000 displaced people in the area need food aid - a huge increase on the 520,000 people requiring food rations last month.
Most of the IDPs are concentrated in camps in Gulu, Kitgum and Pader districts, where they continue to be terrorized by rebel group, the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA).
LRA attacks have displaced 70 percent of the local population and wreaked havoc with people's ability to feed themselves:
KAMPALA, (Reuters) - The Ugandan army said on Thursday it had damaged the capacity of Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebels to wage war and only small groups of the guerrillas were still active.
"We are declaring victory," Major Shaban Bantariza told a news conference in the capital Kampala.
"It's not to say we have finished them, but there will be no more general insecurity in northern Uganda...what is left is to comb the area for the small groups still running around."
The LRA, feared for cutting off the limbs and lips of villagers, has abducted …
NAIROBI, 19 December (IRIN) - A Ugandan minister has said her country will not accept Rwandan refugees who have left Tanzania seeking asylum, according to the privately owned Kampala newspaper, the Monitor.
KAMPALA, Dec 18, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- About 10,000 Congolese refugees who fled war from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) into Nebbi district, western Uganda some weeks ago are living with difficulties now, local daily the New Vision reported on Wednesday.
KAMPALA, Dec 18, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- About 15,000 refugees originally displaced on Achol-Pii refugee settlement camp in northern Pader district are to be relocated to Arua and Yumbe districts, northwestern Uganda, reported the New Vision newspaper on Wednesday.
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
KAMPALA, Dec 18, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Ugandan government will not accept Rwandese refugees now fleeing from Tanzania to settle in Uganda, reported local daily the Monitor on Wednesday.
At a United Nations Headquarters Press Conference today, Olara Otunnu, the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict, launched a new report, in which the Secretary-General provides for the Security Council's review a list of parties in conflict situations who continue to recruit and use child soldiers.
JOHANNESBURG, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Following is a list of the main domestic players in the Democratic Republic of Congo's four-year-old war, which has killed an estimated two million people. The major players signed a peace agreement in South Africa on Tuesday aimed at ending the war and setting Africa's third biggest country on the road to a transitional government.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has the following goals for its work in Uganda:
- Improve the living conditions of internally
- Contribute to the return of internally
- Promote internally displaced persons'
- Help strengthen schooling for children and young people
- Distributing food to internally displaced
persons in the Gulu and Kitgum provinces in northern Uganda, in collaboration
with the World Food Programme (WFP)
ROME - The United Nations World Food Programme today officially launched the Africa Hunger Alert campaign, aimed at drawing international attention to the unprecedented hunger crisis gripping the African continent where 38 million people face starvation.