- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- WHO: International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
8 décembre 2017 – Le Secrétaire général des Nations Unies, António Guterres, a appelé vendredi les Etats à contribuer à hauteur de 1 milliard de dollars au Fonds central d'intervention d'urgence (CERF) - un fonds de l'ONU qui soutient les opérations humanitaires de secours dans le monde.
(New York, 8 December 2017): Today, the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) hosted its annual high-level pledging conference for 2018. Thirty-six donors pledged US$383 million to the Fund to ensure urgent humanitarian aid reaches people in need whenever and wherever crises hit. CERF also reached a record high income of $504 million for 2017 through additional commitments made by donors.
Following are UN Secretary‑General António Guterres’ remarks at the annual high-level pledging conference for the Central Emergency Response Fund, in New York today:
It is a pleasure for me to be here with you to celebrate a United Nations success story — the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF). Over the past 12 years, CERF has been at the forefront of humanitarian response.
7 décembre 2017 – Trente-sept pays, dont 29 se trouvant en Afrique, ont besoin d'une aide alimentaire externe, a mis en garde jeudi l'Organisation des Nations Unies pour l'alimentation et l'agriculture (FAO) dans son dernier rapport sur les 'Perspectives de récolte et la situation alimentaire'.
Pays nécessitant une aide alimentaire extérieure
Strong cereal harvests are keeping global food supplies buoyant, but localised drought, flooding and protracted conflicts have intensified and perpetuated food insecurity, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report. Some 37 countries, 29 of which are in Africa, require external assistance for food, according to the report.
Since gaining independence in 1962, Uganda has provided asylum to people fleeing war and persecution in neighboring countries, especially South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia, Rwanda and Burundi. Uganda's progressive refugee policy grant refugees freedom of movement, the right to seek employment and establish businesses, and to access public services such as education, health care and justice. In refugee-hosting districts, services are integrated with government service delivery systems, whenever feasible.
Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS) summary for October 2017 covering mixed migration events, trends and data for Djibouti, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia / Somaliland and Yemen.
Working with Partners
- The Dadaab refugee operation is coordinated by UNHCR Sub-Office Dadaab, which also serves the three camps in Dadaab Sub County. UNHCR Field Office Alinjugur is part of the larger Dadaab operation and serves Hagadera in Fafi Sub County. Both UNHCR offices cooperate closely with NGOs and other international organizations, among them WFP, UNICEF and IOM. The main government counterpart is the Refugee Affairs Secretariat (RAS).
Abidjan, 16 November, 2017 - A newly released nutrition report by the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Africa has revealed that undernutrition is still persistent in the region and the number of stunted children has increased. The Africa Nutrition Report, launched today in Abidjan, Ivory Coast also indicates that a growing number of children under five years old are overweight.