- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Selon le chef du HCR, la communauté internationale abandonne des millions de réfugiés et de personnes déplacées internes à leur sort.
Par Jonathan Clayton
GENÈVE - Appelant à des efforts internationaux renouvelés pour prévenir et résoudre les conflits, le chef du HCR Filippo Grandi a déclaré aujourd’hui que la communauté internationale abandonnait des millions de réfugiés et de personnes déplacées internes à leur sort. Par ailleurs, il a exhorté un « monde en mutation rapide » à adopter une nouvelle approche en matière de protection et de solutions durables.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
A year ago, States gathered in New York to reaffirm the fundamental values of solidarity and protection for people forced into exile.
They agreed to share responsibility for embedding them in practical action.
And they decided to address and resolve refugee flows through a new model that places the rights, interests and potential of refugees and of their hosts at the heart of a comprehensive response.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Realising this ambition has never been more urgent.
CERF enables fast, flexible and needs-based support for people affected by humanitarian emergencies. The UN General Assembly established the fund in 2005 to provide timely assistance in crises. Since its operational launch in 2006, CERF has developed a reputation for its ability to kick-start humanitarian action, scale up the response to emergencies and serve as a lifeline for people struggling to survive in the world’s most underfunded crises.
171 projects in 39 countries – last year, Kolping International was able to support vocational training, agriculture, micro credit, and water projects with over 11 million euro. The donations by private donors increased significantly, amounting to nearly 7.3 million Euro – that’s an increase of over 20% compared with last year.
International prices of wheat dipped in August, after increasing in the past few months, following an upturn in production prospects in the Black Sea region which improved the 2017 global supply outlook.
Maize quotations also fell on improved weather conditions and abundant global supplies. International prices of rice were relatively stable, although price movements were mixed across the different rice market segments.
Approximately 12 million people lived in protracted refugee situations* around the world at the end of 2015, comprising nearly two-thirds of the global refugee population. A protracted refugee situation exists when 25,000 or more refugees originating from the same country have sought refuge in another country for at least five consecutive years.
*These numbers include people in a refugee-like situation
A PROGRESSIVE APPROACH TO SOLUTIONS
Multi-Year and Multi-Partner Pilots
Highlights of GAO-16-819, a report to the Chairman, Committee on Foreign Relations, U.S. Senate
Why GAO Did This Study?
1 July 2016, GENEVA – The UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) aim to reduce disaster losses in some of the world’s most hazard prone cities with the initial aid of a €6 million grant from the EU, over the next three years. Mr. Neven Mimica, European Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development said: ”Strengthening disaster risk governance is an essential part of sustainable development and a key priority of the Sendai Framework.
La CTB publie son rapport annuel 2015
GINEBRA, 13 de junio de 2016 (ACNUR) - Debido a la multitud de conflictos y crisis que causan una cantidad record de desplazamientos alrededor del mundo, el reasentamiento ha asumido un papel cada vez más vital en los esfuerzos del ACNUR para encontrar soluciones y abogar por un reparto de responsabilidades más justo para los refugiados, de acuerdo con un informe emitido hoy en una reunión anual en Ginebra.
Avec une multitude de conflits et de crises générant des déplacements de populations sans précédent à travers le monde, la réinstallation s’avère essentielle dans les efforts du HCR pour trouver des solutions et plaider pour un partage équitable des responsabilités dans l’aide aux réfugiés, peut-on lire dans un rapport publié aujourd’hui par le HCR.
With a multitude of conflicts and crises causing record displacement around the world, resettlement has become an increasingly vital part of UNHCR’s efforts to find solutions and advocate for fairer responsibility-sharing for refugees, a UNHCR report released today at an annual meeting in Geneva says.
GLOBAL HEALTH IMPACTS
• Severe drought and associated food insecurity, flooding, rains and temperature rises due to El Niño 2015-2016 are causing a wide range of health problems, including disease outbreaks, malnutrition and disruption of health services.
• El Niño 2015-2016 is affecting more than 60 million people, especially in Eastern and Southern Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and Asia-Pacific.