Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- Uganda stands out in refugees hospitality
- GIEWS Country Brief: Uganda 07-November-2018
- New education programme launched for 100,000 refugee and Ugandan children
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.