- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-31 October 2017
Appeals & Funding
- WHO: International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
New report calls for full review of aid reform impact on development
Aid reform commitments in the 2005 Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness and the subsequent 2008 Accra Agenda for Action are said to be part of an international push for results in achieving international development goals such as the Millennium Development Goals.
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 2.6 percent to a record 2 164 million tonnes. The bulk of the increase is expected to be in wheat following significant expansion in plantings in major producing countries. Coarse grains output is tentatively forecast to remain around the bumper level of last year. Rice production is foreseen to increase slightly reflecting production incentives in several Asian countries.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.