Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Press statement on rumoured Ebola outbreak in Mubende district
- Child Poverty and Deprivation in Refugee-Hosting Areas: Evidence from Uganda
- Uganda / Africa: Refugee Influx from DRC - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n°. MDRUG040
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - May 2018
- Uganda Red Cross responds to Cholera Outbreak in Kampala, Uganda
Gulf of Guinea is abnormally dry, while areas of Kenya remain at risk for flooding
Africa Weather Hazards
Poorly-distributed rain during the March-May rainfall season has led to large moisture deficits in southeastern Tigray and eastern Amhara regions of Ethiopia.
A slow onset to seasonal rainfall and consistent limited rain over the past several weeks has maintained moisture deficits and caused abnormal dryness over the Gulf of Guinea countries.
Heavy rainfall may trigger flooding in Central America and West Africa
Dryness may persist in East Africa as seasonal rains end, flooding possible in the Sudans, West Africa, and Guatemala
Africa Weather Hazards
Poor rainfall distribution during the March-May rainfall season has hurt agricultural and pastoral activities throughout western Kenya, parts of northeastern Uganda, southeastern South Sudan, and northwestern Tanzania. Southern Ethiopia and northwestern Kenya are forecast to receive limited rains during the next week, which could sustain poor agricultural and pastoral conditions.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.