Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Govt to move Ebola screening equipment to Kasese
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Uganda: UNHCR Logistics as of 19 Oct 2018
- Refugee health report Uganda - September 2018 bulletin
- Uganda Red Cross takes relief to families affected in the Bududa landslides
MAA00010 August 2012
Period covered: January to June 2012
Overview Seventy three allocations were made by the DREF during the first six months of 2012 for a total of CHF 11,778,445. Eighty per cent of the allocations were made as grants to support response to small or medium-scale disasters, referred to as DREF operations. Twelve emergency appeals received start-up funding loans. The allocations supported response to 69 different operations by 54 National Societies.
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …
(Fuentes: FAO, Federación Internacional de Sociedades de la Cruz Roja y de la Media Luna Roja, Cruz Roja Española).
- A comienzos de 2008, los precios mundiales de los alimentos y del petróleo se dispararon. Entre las posibles causas de esta subida vertiginosa se encontraban los efectos del cambio climático, la crisis financiera, continuadas malas cosechas en países exportadores o la producción de biocombustibles.
Los efectos fueron inmediatos.
This report covers the period 1 January to 30 June 2009
Programme purpose: To increase the capacity of the International Federation to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and impact from disasters through the provision of timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF).
During the first six months of the year, the DREF allocated a total of CHF 7,484,779 in 49 different allocations to 32 Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies.